Great tones for your BlackBerry!
“Like in college, Ringo lets you hang a virtual sock on your door with the Do Not Disturb option. All of your calls and messages are still received, but your BlackBerry will remain silent.”
- Personalize each of your contacts with a ringtone, SMS tone, and even a picture!
“Assigning distinctive rings to each address book category allows you to instantly identify junk, business, family, etc., which is very handy when you have to make a quick decision about interrupting whatever is happening right in front of you to take a call.”
Take complete control over your ringtones, SMS and email alerts to reflect your personality.
- Use any of your MP3 & AAC music on your BlackBerry as a ringtone.
- Set distinct ringtones, email and message alert tones for your friends and groups.
- Set custom LED colors for alerts, people and groups
- Block callers by setting their Ringtone to ignore
- Silence calls from groups - such as unknown or no caller id calls.
- Set your phone to "Do Not Disturb" at night, at the weekend, or even on vacation!
- Access more than 50 free MP3 ringtones from our pre-selected catalog directly from your BlackBerry.
Now you can know who is calling you without even looking at your BlackBerry's screen. If it's that sappy love song from your wedding, it's your spouse. If it's a party song, it's your friends. If it's the Darth Vader theme, it's your boss!
Ringo’s easy interface makes it a snap to set ringtones and alerts for individual callers or groups of callers. You can load your phone with your favorite tunes, then use Ringo to select callers from your BlackBerry’s Address Book and assign a MP3 tune to them.
In addition to customising each contacts' ringtone, you can just as easily give your 'Work' numbers, or any other group, the same ringtone or SMS alert.
To make Ringo even sweeter, we’ll get your ringtone collection off to a big start with 50 free MP3 ringtones from our catalog!
Ringo FAQ for Blackberry Users
Do you have a User Guide?
Yes we do, you can find it here.
Why does Ringo want access to my phone information?
Ringo needs to be able to see who's calling you, so that the correct ringtone is played. There's nothing sinister going on, so please "allow" this request if your BlackBerry asks you to!
How do I find ringtones for my BlackBerry?
Ringo makes it really easy to set and change ringtones on your BlackBerry, so now all you need is a great set of ringtones! The links below will help you get the music you already own onto your phone, ready to use as a ringtone in Ringo...
- Myxer - a free web-based service which lets you upload your music from your PC or Mac, convert it to a ringtone and have it sent wirelessly to your phone...
- Phone Sherpa - a top-notch web-based service which lets you upload music from your PC or Mac in a variety of formats, pick the part of the song you want to use as a ringtone and then send it wirelessly to your phone. Phone Sherpa has a one-time fee, but you can try it for free before you purchase.
- Ringo Ringtones - a selection of tones that you can download directly from inside Ringo, or download on your computer and transfer to your smartphone via memory card...
Does Ringo work with the BlackBerry Profiles?
Ringo works in co-operation with the BlackBerry Profiles App. By selecting the Quiet/Silent profile you ensure you only hear the Ringo sounds you have set. If you set the Profile to off, Ringo will be silent. Set it to "Phone only" and Ringo will only alert you to Phone Calls. If the BlackBerry profile you have chosen and Ringo both have a sound set for an alert type (e.g. Normal or Loud) then both will sound! Some advanced users create their own specific custom "Ringo" profile.
How do I set alerts for other applications?
If you want to set alerts for tones that Ringo doesn't support, then simply set those in the BB profiles app!
Will Ringo run on my BlackBerry?
We support the BlackBerry Storm, Bold, Curve, Pearl and 8800 Series - essentially all the BlackBerry devices with a trackball. If you have have trackball, Ringo will work for you, otherwise - we're sorry, Ringo is not supported.
How do I get my free ringtones?
To access our free ringtone collection, install Ringo to your BlackBerry and choose "Get New Tones" from the Ringo menu or any of the pickers. This will take your BlackBerry browser to to our online catalog, where you can download tones direftly to your phone.
Do you have my favorite song as a ringtone?
Probably not, but if you have the song in MP3 you can use it as a tone in Ringo. All you need to do is to get the MP3 file onto your BlackBerry store card then pick the song from inside Ringo and - Hey Presto! - its now your ringtone!